Panel Focus: How Digital Commerce is Reshaping Rural India in current times
The ongoing lockdown due to Covid-19 has changed the face of retail in India thereby accelerating innovation and new thinking. During this period, the Kirana stores emerged even stronger as people depend on them to source essential items. At the same time, there is also a fresh opportunity for digitisation & integration of these Kiranas with e-commerce ecosystem to help resolve the challenge of supply chain.
Rural India registers a 45% internet growth with 264 million internet users currently as estimated by Kantar. With this increasing internet penetration, cheaper smartphones, evolving digital payment infrastructure, digital India initiatives by the Government, service innovation and digital awareness; Rural India gears up for the new-retail revolution with digital commerce facilitating the key needs.
Key discussion points:
- Rural online retail opportunity- Mega trends & challenges
- Transforming last mile connectivity: Logistics innovation & digital technology
- Future of Hyperlocal Ecommerce: Digitisation of Kiranas
- Enabling rural consumer: Role of micro credit lending | Investment opportunities and trends
- Co-creating opportunities: Connecting rural producer & large retailers| Empowering rural entrepreneurs
- Rural retail and consumer connect: understanding rural consumer and rethinking business models
- Interface: Zoom Webinar Platform